Even though this is the right time for me to pack up and leave Flagstaff, Arizona, I am starting to feel sad about it. I look forward to all of the opportunity the world has to offer me, but it is so hard to leave everything that I have built up here; my friendships, my work, the little children, my family here, the memories, etc. Not to mention, becoming an aunt and basically walking away from that! This past month has been difficult because I am not very good at goodbyes, I'm better at "see you later's", but I'm honestly not sure that I will ever move back here. I love Flagstaff, but I honestly feel as though this section of my life is complete and I'm ready for huge changes!In about 3 weeks, I am flying to Buenos Aires all by my lonesome, and I am both anxious and nervous about the whole situation. Part of me really wants to travel alone to feel the insecurity of it all, to experience everything without any restrictions, any time limits... This trip is about me, as selfish as that sounds. I am traveling to complete this sort of "transition" to the next stage of my life... to wrap things up. I want to figure a few things out on my own and be able to simply think about me, and what I plan to do next. Though the insecurity is part of the whole game plan, it is also what makes me incredibly nervous about it all. I keep telling myself "I need this, I need this", just to keep the stress levels low as the date approaches where I jump on that plane and get thrown into a completely different atmosphere. I am nervous about meeting people, about understand another language, speaking another language, etc... I have faith that everything will work out well though, even if it is difficult at times!
So... though I have not updated my blog in forever, I hope to make posts more frequently to update friends, family and whoever really cares about my travels!
I am so excited for what these next few months have to offer and can't wait to share!
No comments:
Post a Comment