Monday, August 9, 2010

Bolivia Begins.


Bus from Salta Argentina to Bolivia. Salta was a great place to relax, but with all cities, they are mostly for partying and socializing... which I was a bit tired of at this point.
I traveled across the border with my Australian friend, Mike (aka ¨Stoney¨), who ended up being a great person to travel with! I ended up traveling with him for almost a month and then met up with him later in Peru for more good times on the beach.

And this, THIS, is our epic first meal after getting across the border.
Instant coffee, Jamon y Queso sandwiches (which had no queso) and mostaza y ketchup! Yuck!
Welcome to Bolivia...


So, for Americans they make it rather difficult for us to travel here. Recent political problems have made it so that Americans must pay 135U$ just to get into Bolivia. This expires in 5 years and you can only visit Bolivia for about 90 days in one year. This 135U$ got me quickly to the front of the line of immigration at the border, wahoo! Its almost like I was VIP, or something...

From here, we traveled to Uyuni, to see the Salar de Uyuni. I will post more about this, as this is yet ANOTHER highlight of my entire trip. I had never seen anything so unique in my life.
More later!

¨Bolivia... so dirty, yet so lavish!¨ -Margaux N. y Allyce B.

No comments: