Wednesday, June 8, 2011
mi hermana
Eve, the older sister who never wanted a younger sister, but she got me! Lucky her, right? Growing up with this little lady has had its ups and downs, ins and outs, loves and hates... but honestly I think that as we get older, we appreciate each other just a little more each day.
This gal is extremely intelligent, naturally beautiful, strong, driven,... a petite 5'4" badass! (But of course, because she came from Prescott's biggest power couple... My parents! hahaha)
These past few months have been rough for my whole family, and probably not just us, many others too. The world has become such a weird place lately with war, natural distasters, etc... I sort of think that it has a lot to do with the way we're all feeling. If you haven't seen the movie "I Am", you should. Very moving and has a lot of details on how if we just learn to have more love in our hearts, we can change the world. Seems simple, right? Its not, sadly. Anyway, all of us (especially my siblings and I) have been going through a lot of changes and emotional battles at this time, all of us, at once. Sometimes I think that we're more connected and relatable to each other than we think. We're all just a little bit lost lately, not sure if we're doing the best thing for ourselves.
Anyways, I just wish this little lady was closer to all of us at tough times such as these. Its so nice to be able to have your mama snuggle up with you on the couch when you're having a hard day... or see your little nephew's smile when it seems like there is nothing loving in this world. The best thing I've done for myself lately is move closer to my family. Though maybe impulsive, I do feel like it was a good impulsive decision. I'm not saying she should just pick up and leave, but right now, I do feel like it would be nice to have some level in comfort in family time, and as we've grown older, we've all learned to deal with each other better and we all enjoy hanging out with each other much, much more.
So here's to little Eve, and here's to changes (which are scary, but wonderful at the same time), and here's to our future, doing what we really want to do with our lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment