Its been another long while since I have posted and this time my excuse is because I was living on a farm in el Bolson for a while! It was an incredible experience and I met many many long lasting friends, which I was so sad to leave.
The next post I planned on doing was about el Chalten, so here it is!
I was traveling with a brazilian guy through all of these, and that´s who I convinced to take my pictures several times, though I won´t post many now. I didn´t feel so bad, as he was asking me to take his pictures mucho mucho mas than I had asked him... I guess that´s actually known to be a common trait of brazilian men in particular. Who knew!
So! This is el Chalten, one of my favorite parts of Patagonia. The town layed in this valley and there were such amazing views of the mountains.
On one rainy day, many bottles of wine were bought and a girl from Chicago (Claudia) and I played Monopoly and watched friends for hours!
This was the view coming down from the glacier hike. El Chalten was a rather understated place as far as hotels, etc go in comparison to the rest of Patagonia.
This photo was taken on the way back from the Fitz Roy hike. We tried to see the sundown on Saint Patrick´s day, however the lighting wasn't quite as nice as we had hoped...
Here is Fitz Roy- still beautiful, without sundown effects!
This is the hike to the glacier. (these appear to be all mixed up, again)

This is the glacier. The mountains are more signifacant, as you can probably tell. The glacier here was obviously not as impressive as in el Calafate, but el Chalten wins for best views and best hikes in this part of Argentina.
This is the glacier. The mountains are more signifacant, as you can probably tell. The glacier here was obviously not as impressive as in el Calafate, but el Chalten wins for best views and best hikes in this part of Argentina.
Lastly, my favorite drugstore. You can probably see why....
It has been 2 months on the road so far, and I finally left Patagonia. Currently in Mendoza, planning to do some wine tours in the next day or so, then off the Salta, Juyjuy and Bolivia for the month of May! I´m so excited because yesterday I chose to extend my trip until August 18th. I know that this was the right decision because the whole time I have been down here, I´ve been counting the days and realizing that I don´t have enough. Who knows if when August comes... If I´ll even be ready then. We´ll see!
It has been 2 months on the road so far, and I finally left Patagonia. Currently in Mendoza, planning to do some wine tours in the next day or so, then off the Salta, Juyjuy and Bolivia for the month of May! I´m so excited because yesterday I chose to extend my trip until August 18th. I know that this was the right decision because the whole time I have been down here, I´ve been counting the days and realizing that I don´t have enough. Who knows if when August comes... If I´ll even be ready then. We´ll see!
So here is my tentative plan, if you care to come hang out, I would love to see anyone!
May-Bolivia Salt flats, Sucre, Jungle!!!!, La Paz, Titicaca... shopping....
June- Peru for Machu Picchu, beaches, lake Titicaca, etc
July- Ecuador to work on another farm
August- whatever I felt like I missed, or possibly Colombia
No comments:
Post a Comment